Webinar Invitation ——Interpretation on cross-border royalty payment
Royalty fees, together with other payment items (such as management fees, dividend, interest, etc.), have always been one of fund repatriation options for multinational groups to obtain cash from China. Due to China's strict foreign exchange control, cross-border payments have always troubled financial and tax people working in multinational companies, and in terms of royalty, it should also meet the regulatory requirements of tax authorities, Customs, and even commerce bureaus or technology administrative departments.
As the financial or tax personnel, are you also facing the following problems or confusion in the payment of royalties:
- How to accurately determine the nature of fees, royalties or service fees?
- How to fully enjoy the treaty benefits?
- The contracts are too simple or include inappropriate clauses. How to improve them to meet the requirements of various authorities?
- The deductibility for purpose of CIT?
We aim to solve your doubts or concerns through this webinar and help you better cope with the outbound payment of royalties.
The topics we will discuss in this seminar mainly include:
- Definition and determination of royalties
- Potential tax risks on the royalty from Customs perspective
- Key points in relation to formulating royalty contracts
- Other considerations
Tuesday, 16 June 2020
Presentation: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Q & A session 5:00 pm – 5:15 pm
Senior Manager, Tax Services Department, Mazars Guangzhou