However, international firms have to map out a well-considered cross-border employment policy. For international mobility of employment, the expatriation must be prepared in a careful manner, sufficiently in advance, and complying with regulations to managing risks.
The Mazars Expatriate Desk offers expertise in various areas. Our extensive service package offers:
- Consultancy on tax efficient remuneration package and special expatriate planning - meeting the needs of your business while being cost-efficient
- Consultancy on social security coverage during an assignment or cross-border commuter situation, including the application for a certificate of coverage
- Consultancy on foreign pension schemes and (international) stock option schemes
- Preparation of personal income tax returns
- Consultancy on residence applications and work permits
- International payroll services
It is essential for the employer and employee to come up with the most appropriate solution for local regulation while taking into account the employee’s personal profile.