The Japan Desk Team comprises bilingual and trilingual professionals fully able to handle Japanese companies’ issues thanks to their experience, knowledge and qualifications in local accounting and regulatory requirements, as well as deep understanding of Japanese business practice.
At Mazars, the Japan Desk professionals can also draw on the expertise and knowledge of the specialist teams in Audit & Assurance, Outsourcing & Accounting services, Advisory, Tax consulting and Training as required by the on-going assignment.
In addition, Mazars’ international and integrated partnership structure allows our Japan Desk professionals to work closely with Mazars’ teams in other countries including Japan on cross-border assignments. Now, we can also provide services in other countries without our Japan Desk, please feel free to contact our Japan Desk nearby.
Please refer to the map below for further information about our Japan Desk presence over the world.
Japan Desk in China
Supporting Japanese companies to establish in China
Mazars in China can support Japanese businesses planning to invest or operate in Hong Kong or Mainland China by providing the following services:
Advising Japanese companies in China
For Japanese businesses which already operate in Hong Kong and/or Mainland China, Mazars can provide additional services:
- Audit & Assurance
- Advisory ( Transaction services , IT services , Risk Management & Internal Control , Forensics , Business Recovery )
- Tax compliance and consulting
- Corporate Finance (M&A fund raising)
- IFRS transition and audit services
Supporting Chinese companies to establish in Japan
Mazars’ teams in China and Japan have a hands-on approach to provide seamless services to Chinese companies planning to invest in Japan.
Our services include:
- Providing an understanding on the business environment, accounting framework and tax regime in Japan
- Performing market entry feasibility studies and investment environment analyses
- Navigating through the IPO process in the Japanese financial markets
- Identifying Japanese acquisition targets and all related transaction support services
- Introducing other business support services (e.g. real estate agents, banks, recruitment consultants, etc.)
- Assisting Chinese companies and individuals with their tax obligations and provide payroll and social welfare compliance support services
- Assisting Chinese companies in converting financial statements from/to Japanese, IFRS and Chinese GAAP or provide technical reconciliation services
- Legal compliance, including work permits
Mazars Japan Desk’s clients range from publicly listed companies to private entities of Japanese origin.